Prevention Tips For The Bed Bugs In Oklahoma City
July 15, 2022
If you live in the Oklahoma City area, then you might have heard about the bed bug epidemic that is going around. These biting pests are not only a nuisance but can also be extremely difficult to get rid of. Killin' It Termite and Pest is here to help. We will discuss the signs of an infestation, what to do if you think you have bed bugs, and how to prevent an infestation from happening in the first place. We will also talk about how professional pest control in Oklahoma City can help you get rid of them for good.
Warning: Bed Bug Infestations Can Happen To Anyone
One common misconception about bed bugs is that you'll only find them in dirty homes. This statement is simply not true. Bed bugs can infest any home, no matter how clean it is. All it takes is for one female bed bug to sneak into your home, a female bed bug that can lay up to 500 eggs in its lifetime.
Bed bugs are not attracted to filth or dirt, so an infestation can happen to anyone. These pests hitchhike into homes on luggage, clothing, used furniture, and other objects that have been in contact with them. Once inside, they will hide in cracks and crevices in walls and floor, making them difficult to spot.
Bed bugs are experts at hiding and can live for several months without feeding, making them very difficult to get rid of on your own. The surest way to get rid of these pests is to hire professional pest control to kill the bed bugs like Killin' It Termite and Pest. We have the experience and the knowledge to get rid of bed bugs quickly and efficiently.
Would You Know How To Spot A Bed Bug Infestation?
The key to preventing an infestation from getting worse is to identify bed bugs early on. Do you know how to check for bed bugs? Here are some signs to look for:
- Bites on the skin that are often itchy and appear in a line or cluster: Bed bugs bite in order to feed on blood. They are most active at night and will often bite people who are sleeping.
- Dark or rust-colored spots on sheets, mattresses, or furniture: These spots are a combination of bed bug feces and dried blood.
- A sweet, musty odor: This smell comes from the pheromones that bed bugs release to attract mates.
- Actual bed bugs: These small, brownish insects are about the size of an apple seed. They are often hard to spot because they hide so well.
- Eggs or eggshells: Bed bug eggs are small and white. They are often in cracks or crevices near the bed.
If you see any of these signs in your home, you should contact local pest control for bed bugs like Killin' It Termite and Pest immediately. The sooner you call, the easier it will be to get rid of them.
Bed Bug Prevention Tips That Could Save You A Lot Of Aggravation
The best way to deal with bed bugs is to prevent them from infesting your house in the first place. Here are some bed bug control techniques for your home:
- Inspect any used furniture before bringing it into your home.
- Keep your luggage off the floor when you travel.
- Check for bed bugs when you stay in hotels.
- Vacuum regularly and dispose of the vacuum bag immediately.
- Wash your bedding in hot water every week.
- Seal any cracks or crevices in your home.
By following these tips, you can help prevent a bed bug infestation in your house. If they do find their way inside, you should call the professionals at Killin' It Termite and Pest for bed bug control services in Oklahoma City immediately.
Turn To The Professionals As Soon As You See A Bed Bug
If you spot any signs of these insects in your home, don't wait to hire professional bed bug pest control in Oklahoma City. These pests are extremely difficult to eliminate on your own, and the longer you wait, the worse the infestation will get. Killin' It Termite and Pest uses a specialized heat treatment that's proven safe and effective against bed bugs. You can rest assured that we will completely eliminate the bed bugs from your home. We will also work with you to create a plan to prevent them from coming back.
Don't let bed bugs ruin your home and your peace of mind. Call Killin' It Termite and Pest today for all your bed bug control needs.