Put A Stop To Relentless Rodents In Oklahoma City
Nobody likes the idea of mice and rats running around their home, but this is an unfortunate reality for many Oklahoma City residents. A rodent infestation may just seem gross and inconvenient, but there’s far more to it than that; rodents cause many problems for Oklahoma City homeowners. Rodents such as mice and rats spread diseases, damage property, and can even cause electrical fires with their chewing habits. These pests also multiply rapidly, and a small number of rodents in your home can very quickly become a full-blown infestation.
When you discover a rodent infestation in your home or business, it is important to take action before it grows out of hand. Killin’ It Termite and Pest offers outstanding rodent control services all throughout the Oklahoma City area. We serve a wide variety of pest control services all throughout the Oklahoma City area consisting of effective treatments and the highest-rated products available.. Because we are a local, family-owned-and-operated pest control company, we are well aware of the different pest problems our community faces and eager to help. Contact our rodent control experts today to get started!
Our Oklahoma City, OK Rodent Control Process
Our rodent control services in Oklahoma City begin with a consultation and thorough inspection of your property. We check the exterior for possible entry points and conducive conditions. We also use a UV flashlight to identify the presence of rodents and look for signs such as:
- Droppings around the home, particularly in cupboards and drawers and near food or food products.
- Holes chewed through floors and walls.
- Nests or nesting material such as shredded paper, fabric, or dried plant matter.
- Oily urine streaks.
- Signs of chewing near stored food or food products.
- Stale odors.
Next, we will place bait boxes wherever we note evidence of an infestation, using two different types of bait. Killin’ It Termite and Pest practices services grounded in advanced Integrated Pest Management (IPM) methods that eliminate active rodent infestations while preventing future problems. We follow up by inspecting the boxes for activity. If the rodents take the bait, the box will remain in its place; if the bait remains untouched, we will relocate the boxes.
In addition, we may also perform minor exclusion work when necessary. At Killin’ It Termite and Pest, rodent control is our specialty. Reach out today to learn more.
Rodent Prevention Tips From Local Professionals
Eliminating a rodent infestation is a challenging task. Therefore, it’s more manageable to work on prevention techniques to keep rodents from entering your home in the first place. You can start by implementing the following tips to keep mice and rats at bay:
- Eliminate food and water source: Store all food in airtight containers. Clean up food debris and spills and keep all garbage in the appropriate receptacles. Eliminating food sources removes the main resource rats search for when entering a home.
- Perform exterior home maintenance to exclude rodent entry: Maintain your property by preventing your grass, shrubs, and gardens from overgrowing. We also recommend you keep garbage in bins with tight-fitting lids to keep animals from scattering it across your property.
- Seal entry points leading into your home: Inspect your home regularly in search of possible rodent entry points. Some general areas of entry include holes or cracks in the foundation and areas around utility lines. Seal these areas using caulk, cement, or a mixing compound, depending on which is most appropriate. Avoid using materials such as wood that mice and rats can chew through.
Professional Rodent Control You Can Count On
Dealing with a home overrun by mice and rats is challenging, and eliminating a rat problem requires a bit more knowledge of rat behavior in order to prevail. Luckily for you, the pest control professionals at Killin’ It Termite and Pest are well versed in rodent behavior and the dangers they pose, and you can trust us to take care of whatever pest problem you may have.
You’ve tried the rest; now, let’s kill your pests! To learn more about our professional home pest control and commercial pest management programs, partner with Killin’ It Termite and Pest, and request a free inspection today!
Recent Blog Articles
Mosquitoes are a health hazard that you should never tolerate on your property. Here's how you handle them.Read More
Do you know the signs of a bed bug infestation? Learn how to protect your Oklahoma City home from these biting pests.Read More